background

Saturday, 18 November 2017

Our Family is Growing!

I didn't post about another event that was going on in the summer because I couldn't tell anyone yet, but I was also growing a baby! Baby #3 is due March.17, 2018 and we could not be more thrilled and excited!! As usual, it happened sooner than expected. I should really just plan that it will happen the first time physically possible! While at Jeff's cabin I bought a pregnancy test and took it to find out it was positive. When I told Jeff, his response was a little too loud, and apparently his brother overheard and grilled us for the rest of the trip! We never did confirm and at least were able to keep it from his parents!! At first I was a little scared, wondering if this is going to be too much for me, but my feelings now are pure excitement and thinking about how much fun the kids will have with their new sibling being pretty close in age. We also found out the gender around Halloween and it is a boy! While I was kind of hoping for a girl, I'm actually really excited that Deacon will have a brother to run around and be crazy with. Hopefully that will be a good thing! If we could finish our family with a girl for number 4 it would be beyond perfect. This was our announcement before we knew the gender...

Well, this pregnancy has been fairly similar to the other ones. Just like with Deacon I was pretty sick for the first 4 months, and then the nausea went away. So the summer was a little more of just something to get through, but I was happy to be outside and distracted at the cabin for a lot of it. I was able to get through it without taking any medication for nausea, because when I took Diclectin with Deacon I remember being SO tired. Although, I was still exhausted, but probably not to the same extent. This time around I've been craving mostly healthy, fresh foods. Beets and salads have been my favorite things! I am seeing Dr. Premji again and will deliver the baby at the South Health Campus just like last time.
When I had my ultrasound where we could find out the gender I went by myself but had the tech write down the gender on a card so Jeff and I could find out together. I gave the card to Kellie and she made a cute little pumpkin reveal. We had a few family members over for breakfast that morning and then opened the pumpkin to discover it was a boy. Deacon didn't seem to know what was going on, but loved the pumpkin and taking the lid on and off. Bentley wasn't all that excited, I think she wanted a sister, but also may not fully understand what this meant. Brek was beyond excited to have another boy cousin!! It was a fun surprise. 4 more months and Jeff and I will have 3 kids! Pretty crazy.






















No comments:

Post a Comment