background

Sunday, 24 September 2023

Taylor Swift Round 2

On our way home from Ashley Lake, we stopped in Cardston at our usual park. This time, though, we met up with Sarah and her kids! She was visiting for a while, but our schedules didn't line up at all so it was the only time we could see each other. It was nice to catch up and see her little girl she had after having 4 boys!
Once we got home, Jeff and I had a date night to the Stampede planned! It was the last day of the Stampede (besides Sunday), so it was our only opportunity. I hadn't seen the Grandstand show in a long time so I really wanted to go. We tried a bunch of Stampede food and realized it is very overrated, but had a good time doing it. It started raining when we were watching the chuckwagons, so we headed inside to wait for it to blow over. Luckily it did before the night show, so we still got to see it and all the fireworks! It was lots of fun.









Now for the next exciting part about my summer...Taylor Swift Round 2!! I will be honest and say I've been a little obsessed lately. Tamara, Dakota, and her friend Emily were going to Seattle to see her and I floated some ideas around about going again. Emily and I kind of joked about round 2, but then we just kept talking about how fun it would be and we became serious, until it was booked! We booked the same hotel as Tamara and were so excited about this girls trip. I like travelling with Jeff the most, but I would do about anything to see Taylor Swift! Some people may think I'm crazy, but anyone who has seen her concert understand the hype and would see it again in a second. This time we got floor seats - row 5 - and were so excited about that too!
The flights and everything went smoothly. The hotel was gorgeous and we found some good places to eat. We swam in the pool and hot tub the first night, which was really nice. On the day of the concert, we wore our Taylor merch and went to the marketplace by the water for the first part of the day. There were lots of vendors and things to see. We also saw the gum wall, which was actually quite disgusting, but cool. We found some food there and then saw a Target, so we shopped there for a while. Then we headed home to relax a bit and get ready for the concert! Emily chose a sequin jumpsuit outfit that made for many comments on our walk to and from the concert, and I wore a Fearless inspired outfit with a tassel skirt and pink boots. Tamara, Dakota, and Emily went the reputation route, which was really fun too! I wanted to join them, but I also really wanted to wear color and not just black. We had fun doing our makeup and putting jewels on our face and hair and wearing bracelets. We took some photos with everyone and then made the long walk to the Lumen Field, which was about a half hour. Of course we took lots more photos and then split up for the show. Tamara had tickets in the first lower section, so they had good seats as well. Emily and I headed to the floor section and suddenly got so excited! It was a really cool feeling being so close to the stage and seeing everyone, we almost felt like celebrities. The floor has it's own drinks and everything. We were right by the aisle, which was nice, but we never had a problem seeing anything. 
The second Taylor Swift came out singing Miss Americana, I started crying! Literally could not stop the tears. She was so close to us, and it really was an unbelievable feeling. Three hours of this was a dream come true, I can't even explain it! Those hours went by so fast and we enjoyed every second. I don't even know what to say was the best part, besides all of it, but I enjoyed when she did the song "August" and looked right at us more than once. Her surprise songs were "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things," and "Everything Has Changed." It was also fun to hear "No Body, No Crime," performed for the first time! She brought out HAIM and sung this track with them that wasn't usually on the setlist, but became a part of it after our concert. She also had the best outfits for our concert I thought and it was all perfect besides the fact that my phone died half way through! I got some amazing videos while it lasted though. Emily left once to get some merch and was even able to snag me a hoody, which is now my new favorite! Other than that we soaked up every second until it was over. Getting out of there took some time, but we eventually found the rest of our crew and walked back to the hotel with them. My feet were killing from the slight heel of my boots, but it didn't matter. Our adrenaline was still running! Anyways, the rest of the night proceeded with the usual staying up super late watching the videos I just took!! What a night.
Our flight the next day didn't leave until later, so we spent the morning shopping and eating some more. There were quite a few good stores, but we didn't have much room to bring home much. The flight home was smooth, but quite late. We were tired when we got home and Emily lost her voice almost completely! Tamara, Dakota, and Emily drove back to Vancouver really early and got a flight from there so we didn't see them except for right before they left. The Uber and flight both went well. What an epic trip!! 














































































Well, the next day after getting home, Bentley and Deacon started a basketball camp with Will Prince. It was at 9am, so there wasn't much sleeping in! I got them up and ready and everything went smoothly. Bentley wasn't a huge fan of there being boys and girls mixed, but she got through it. Deacon had a great time! They had some friends also doing it so that made it more fun too. It was Monday-Thursday. On one of the days we went to Ralph Klein park with some friends afterwards.
























No comments:

Post a Comment