background

Sunday, 20 March 2022

Deacon's 6th Birthday Party

Deacon turned 6 this year!! He was very patient and waited for us to have a free weekend to do his party, Feb.12. He decided he wanted a swimming party at the Wingate again, and we were happy with his choice because we had a great experience there the last time (I think it was Deacon's 4th bday party). It was a little hard to decide who to invite because I don't know anyone in his Kindergarten class except Spencer. We invited him, and then his other friends Reed, Briggs, Kai and Jade Locking, and Bryce, Emri and Brek. It was a good number - not too hard to keep track of them in the pool. It was a Minecraft theme, since Deacon is so obsessed with that lately. I put up some streamers at the door so it looked like you were entering another portal, with a sign saying "Nether Portal." I made a cake out of cupcakes that looked liked the diamond sword. It was actually so fun to make! I found a square cupcake pan, made some buttercream icing using coloring gel (a game changer in my mind to get the right color), and then piped it on one dab at a time. It turned out great and delicious! 
We started with all the stuff in the room this time. They provided pizza and a fruit platter, so the kids ate that and then we sang to Deacon and the kids ate the cake. Then he opened up his presents and was happy with everything he got! Then the kids swam for a long time. It was about 3 hours we had the pool for, and luckily the kids lasted. Some of them probably could've been done earlier, but they still all had a great time. I went in the water with Boston for a while and then when he was tired, Jeff took him for a little drive to give him a nap. He loves sleeping in the car lately! When the time was up, the kids got changed and then played with some of Deacon's new toys while they waited for their parents to come. They got a little treat bag filled with Minecraft things. It was a successful party!















Deacon is the sweetest boy I know. I feel like the luckiest mom to have him as a son! He loves giving me hugs and saying things like "I love you with all my heart" before bed. He just loves to make people happy, which is why you will often see him playing barbies with Bentley or sharing his candy. He may not want to, but he loves to do things for others. He has the best sense of humor and still makes the whole family laugh lots of times. When he was little, we were worried he'd never talk, but now we can't get him to stop talking! There is never a silent moment with this little chatterbox. He is doing great in school, and has really started to pick up reading and writing. He loves minecraft, bakugan, nerf guns, and dinosaurs. He loves swimming and catching any type of animal or bug. We can't believe he's already 6 years old!












No comments:

Post a Comment