I'm a little behind on the blog, but am hoping to catch up before our summer activities begin! Starting with Boston's newborn photos...
We had these taken when he was less than 1 week old. Jody Crane did a great job of capturing him and all the details. She also got some sibling and family shots that I'll treasure forever!
Boston is now 3 months old and just had his baby blessing done by Jeff yesterday. We celebrated with family and had a BBQ. Jeff smoked a brisket and I made cornbread and some other sides. We had Tamara, Jordan and family, and my parents and Brent and Bailey over. They brought some food over too and it was a great evening! I really felt the spirit as Jeff blessed Boston with so many great things. He did a great job, and it was very special. We video called the Ady's that couldn't make it as well as Joce and Jeff, so they could all join in. The newly called bishop, Bishop Hall, was also there. Our bishopric has just changed, as well as our boundaries. They have taken Walden away from our ward and put in a chunk of Sundance. I was sad about a few people I will miss, but also excited about some of the new people that will be in our ward. Pretty soon, we will be done with all of the covid stuff, and back to 2 hour church. It's an exciting time!
Boston has been a very good baby. He still wakes up every 2 or 3 hours in the night, but will usually go right back to sleep. He has occasionally given me 6 hour stretches as well. He likes his little bassinet in my room. He's eating and sleeping really well in the daytime and loves his car seat. Thank goodness! He definitely has to go along with our schedule and is really good about doing that. He LOVES baths, and they seem to settle him down really nicely. I've been enjoying taking him into the bath with me and cuddling him. He just started sitting in the bumbo chair and seems to like it. He has also started giving lots of smiles and a few little giggles here and there. He has kept a lot of hair and I love giving him a little fau hawk. He is the cutest, sweetest little thing and I'm treasuring every moment!
I have the best friends and they came one day and did a little parade for Boston. They drove by with decorated vehicles and honked, and then dropped off gifts for him. They came out of their vehicles to chat a little bit too. Parades have become a covid classic thing to do! It was very sweet, though, and totally made my day.
I'm definitely finding it hard to have 4 kids. So many people who want my attention, and then add on the lack of sleep! We're also trying to potty train Leo, and Bentley and Deacon have school and other activities. It's a LOT! But, I'm managing and actually impressed with myself for how well I've been doing. I've been making dinner and trying to still do fun things with the kids while keeping Boston happy and finding time to snuggle him. Jeff and my parents have been a great help as well of course! It's a crazy time, but also a time I know goes fast and I will soon miss very much!
Here are the newborn photos, and then some other ones I have taken recently...



















































































No comments:
Post a Comment