background

Sunday, 24 January 2016

Bentley's 2nd Birthday Party

Today Bentley turns 2!! I can't believe I have a two year old and that she's about to be a big sister! Well, I was debating what to do for her birthday this year, or if I should do anything at all. I definitely haven't had the most energy lately as I come to the end of this pregnancy, but I couldn't miss celebrating my little girl! 


So we did a pretty small breakfast yesterday with her closest friends Lucy, Georgia, Porter and Aspen, and also her grandparents Don and Cindy, Uncle Brent, and her great grandparents Jack and Darlene happened to be in town too! Kids seem to love breakfast, so we thought it'd be the perfect thing. We made pancakes, bacon, eggs, yogurt parfaits, and cinnamon rolls. The girls looked adorable all at one table eating and chatting. Bentley has so much fun with these girls and talks about them constantly throughout the day, so she was in heaven. I still wanted to have a cake picture so I fashioned a "cake" from a pile of pancakes, icing sugar and sprinkles. I was going to make it actually taste good and use cake mix, but I never got around to that! So we sang to Bentley and her daddy helped her blow out the candles. Then she opened her gifts and got some pretty adorable things! Jeff and I bought her a little play kitchen, which we were going to give her for Christmas, but decided to wait for her birthday so she would have something new to play with closer to when I have the baby. She loves it! She also loved all the toys, clothes and jewellery from her friends and grandma. She is one lucky girl!! I had planned on making Fruit Loop necklaces with the girls afterwards, but they were having so much fun playing with the kitchen and the toys, I decided to forgo the fruit loops. They played hard for a long time and it was so much fun to chat with everyone and watch the kids play. 














 We sure love this little girl. She is very happy and giggly most of the time, but of course has her tantrums here and there. She loves music of any sort, dancing, and doing actions to primary songs. She loves greeting daddy when he gets home from work and getting tickled or cuddled by him. She loves mama too, and has freely given me kisses. She's a bit of a picky eater but loves waffles, noodles, ham, bananas and yogurt, among other things. She hates bedtime (we don't use the word bed), but once asleep can have long naps and usually doesn't wake up at all in the night. She loves going out to the library, store, or seeing her friends and goes nuts if she stays home all day. She's a social butterfly. She also enjoys swimming and going in the hot tub. She has a thick head of hair that seems to grow an inch every day, and has almost all of her baby teeth already - 2 second molars have just popped in (which she hasn't enjoyed). Bentley boo, you are gorgeous, silly, and we love you to pieces!! You will make a great big sister to your little brother arriving soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment